Have that exact tone you are looking for thanks to the 12-Tone mod. With this mod you get 12 distinctive different tone settings, all onboard and only a click, push or pull away. We use a 4-way switch to start to expand your sonic options. It delivers the traditional 3 settings and adds a fourth. In that forth position you get the fat tone of the pickups in series. In addition to the 4-way switch the 12-Tone Mod includes two push-pull pots. That is one per pickup, allowing you to go from humbucker to single coil on each pickup. Below you can see all the settings and how you get 12 great sounds.
Enlightened 50 Deluxe
The Enlightened 50 Deluxe is a limited edition model — only 50 will be produced and sold globally. This model is enhanced with the Enlightened approach to the development of an ultralight electric guitar. The true heart of this Enlightened model is its pickups and electronics. The Seymour Duncan® Hot Rail pickups and our 12-Tone mod deliver 12 distinct tones ranging from fat and full humbucker tones to classic single coil sounds, all of which are noiseless.
In creating the Enlightened collection, we carefully selected a new tone wood, red cedar. This member of the mahogany family delivers classic and full tonal performance but at a much lighter weight than typical tone woods. We reduced weight further by thinning out the body and adding ports to the butt-end of the body. To further reduce weight and enhance tone, we upgraded the bridge and control plate on the 50 Deluxe using aluminum instead of the traditional steel. To avoid neck-dive, which is common on lighter instruments, we developed two new locations for strap-button placement. With the combination of the Enlightened design, the 12-Tone mod, and the Duncan Hot Rails you get a great sounding and versatile guitar that is under 6 pounds.
- MSSD-L50CSB Cherry Sunburst
- Top: Flame Maple
- Body: Red Cedar
- Binding: Maple
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretboard Radius: 10.5"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Headstock: 1950
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Boutique Mod: Great Quad Mod (12 sound settings)
- Electronics: Master Volume - Master Tone (push/pull coil tap on each), plus 4-way blade switch
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Hot Rail
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Hot Rail
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: MK Die Cast
- Bridge Type: Ultralight Aluminum Traditional
- Enlightened Ultralight Treatment - including special wood, thinner design, etc.
- Enlightened Port Weight Relief
- Aluminum Bridge and Control Plate for added weight relief
- Special Strap-Button Placement, for better balance
- 12-Tone Mod: The Deluxe has a 4-way selector switch that delivers the typical neck or bridge or both settings of a 3-way, but also adds in a “series” option in the 4th position. Taking that further we have included two push-pull pots. One, when pulled up
- Seymour Duncan® Hot Rail pickups: great sounding humbucking pickups in a single coil form-factor. That means that you can enjoy a fat, ready-to-rock tone with the ability to switch to a more traditional single-coil tone and all are noiseless.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.