PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH SETTINGS
On the CC50 Vintage series we’ve taken the standard three way pickup selection and added a fourth option which provides a tone that was not possible with the standard setup. By replacing the standard three way switch with a four way switch and running a separate ground wire from your neck pickup we are now able to offer both pickups in series which is a thick and punchy tone much like a humbucker. However considering the two coils are located in completely different locations on the guitar the tone is unique as it is useful and a welcome addition to the standard two single coil pickup configuration.
Listen to the audio samples below played on the Butterscotch CC50 Vintage with Lindy Fralin pickups.
The Michael Kelly CC50 Vintage is a throwback to the early days of bolt on electric guitars that left their mark on virtually every genre of American music including country, blues, and rock and roll. This simple yet versatile 2 single coil pickup design delivers the tones to create some of the most revered music in American history. We have expanded your sonic potential with a mod that we call the Quad Mod. The centerpiece of this unique mod is the use of a special 4 way switch instead of the traditional 3 way switch. This Mod delivers a great 4th option. It turns on both the neck and bridge pickups in series which is a strong, fat, and cutting tone much like a humbucker. However since the two coils are in different locations on the guitar this dual coil parallel sound is as unique as is it usable. This is in addition to the three traditional tones that you would expect.
The sonic advantages of the CC50 Vintage is taken further with the addition of a set of U.S.A. hand wound Lindy Fralin Blues Special pickups on the Butterscotch model. These sound amazing and can go from vintage to overwound with the help of the Quad Mod. On the new Seafoam Green model we added U.S.A. hand wound Seymour Duncan Vintage STL-1B pickups that deliver classic 50’s "Traditional-style" tone with a bit of extra punch and twang. As for hardware, we’ve included a vintage style bridge with brass saddles and Wilkinson Deluxe vintage style tuners for a true vintage look yet modern functionality.
- CC50V-SEA Seafoam Green
- CC50V-2SB Two-Tone Sunburst
- Body: Ash
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Headstock: Bird's Eye Maple Top
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Vintage Contour
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Boutique Mod: Quad Mod
- Electronics: Master volume, master tone, and four way switch (4th position is both pickups in series, for a humbucker-like tone)
- Neck Pickup: Butterscotch: Fralin Blues Special 2% overwound with chrome cover, Seafoam Green: Seymour Duncan Vintage "T-Style" STL-1B
- Bridge Pickup: Butterscotch: Fralin Blues Special, Seafoam Green: Seymour Duncan Vintage "T-Style" STL-1B
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Wilkinson Vintage Deluxe
- Bridge Type: Vintage with brass saddles
- Quad Mod
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.