Developed in response to requests from MK players, the Hybrid Special was launched in 2007. 2017 was the 10th anniversary for this versatile guitar, and to celebrate the decade mark we are offering a 10th Anniversary Hybrid Special. Only 210 will be produced and sold worldwide.
Hybrid Special 10th Anniversary
A quick change artist, the Hybrid Special allows a player to morph from a versatile electric guitar tone to a rich acoustic guitar tone with the flip of a switch. We introduced the Hybrid Special version of our Hybrid family of instruments in 2007. It was an instant hit and has remained one of our most in-demand instruments for that entire decade. To celebrate that important anniversary we produced a limited edition anniversary model. Upgraded with gold hardware and featuring a new burl maple top and a sunburst finish perfected for that exotic wood this Hybrid Special 10th Anniversary is an instrument that you will not want to miss.
- MKHSSBBPYZ Burl Burst PRODUCT ID MKHYS10
- Top: Burled Maple
- Body: Chambered Mahogany
- Binding: 5-ply white - black
- Construction: Set Neck
- Neck: Mahogany
- Binding: Single-Ply White
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Abalone Block
- Scale Length 24.75 in / 628.65 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Synthetic Graphite
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Electronics: Blended acoustic guitar and electric guitar tones with included Fishman® Powerchip and Fishman® under-saddle pickup. Control with special 3-way pickup selector to select: humbuckers | acoustic | blended
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® SWC w/ push-pull coil tap
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® SWC w/ push-pull coil tap
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Keys: Grover®
- Bridge Type: Rosewood MK Acoustic
- Limited Edition, 10th Anniversary model
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
The 2 Output Option
Unlock the full potential of your MK Hybrid with a Y-cable. This allows you to send the signal from the magnetic pickups to one amp or channel and the signal from the acoustic tone to another. This lets you perfect your sound.
NOTE: Use of Y-cable is optional, use regular cable to a single amp or channel, no problem!