Acoustic guitar design has not changed significantly since the pre-World War II era. For several years now, the Michael Kelly team has been working on a fresh new approach to acoustic guitars. This has culminated with the development of the new Port Technology. At the core of this innovation is an offset soundhole approach coupled with an all new bracing design. Traditional soundhole placement interrupts a potentially potent “soundboard” area located between the neck and the bridge. By relocating the soundhole, Michael Kelly was able to bring this area to life, providing a louder and more resonate overall top performance. This performance enhancement is especially evident on models with integrated electronics where the added resonance collaborates with the bridge mounted piezo for undeniably better results.LEARN MORE
Forte Port Exotic Dragonfly
The Java Ebony top and offset soundhole are just the beginning of the Forte Port Exotic Dragonfly’s look and sound. The full-bodied, rich tone comes from the wood combination, the innovative bracing, and larger soundboard made possible by the soundhole placement. Added to this striking sonic performance is the head-turning dragonfly inlay on the fretboard.
Want to plug it in? No problem. The Forte Port Exotic Dragonfly includes active Fishman electronics with an under saddle pickup.
With a look so distinctive and a warmth so familiar, it’s the guitar to reach for whether rehearsing or performing.
- MKFESJESFXD Java Ebony
- Top: Java Ebony & Mahogany Blend
- Back Material: Okoume
- Side Material: Okoume
- Binding: Black Triple Ply
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Fretboard Radius: 12 Inch / 30.48 cm
- Number of Frets: 20
- Inlays: Dragonfly
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Comfort C
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1 11/16" / 43 mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXP16 Coated Phosphor Bronze, Light, 12-53
- Electronics: Fishman Preamp and Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Keys: MK Diecast
- Bridge Type: Zero-End Pin Ovangkol
- Ultra Thin Satin Natural UV Finish
- Extreme cutaway body shape that provides enhanced access to upper frets and great balance
- Side soundhole for added air movement and a great new tone for the player.
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.