The Great 8 electronics mod is one of our most demanded mods. With this mod we double the sonic spectrum of our two-humbucker instruments. You still have the full powered tone of each humbucker and the traditional settings to give you neck, bridge or both. With Great 8 we add two push-pull switches to the volume and tone knobs, that when pulled up one coil of the humbucker is disengaged giving you a cleaner single coil tone. You can control each pickup separately, maximizing your options. What can you do with 8 sonic options?
Big tone and versatility are the calling card of the 53DB. With a double humbucker configuration, you start with a full array of classic tones often missing from a guitar of this style. We then added our custom electronics modification called the Great 8 allowing you to switch those humbuckers into a single-coil tone. This is done using two provided push-pull pots. Have fun with these eight distinctive tonal options!
The body on the 53DB is made from alder and has a great looking flame maple top. The instrument is feature-packed and fun to play; full specs below.
- MK53HDTERO Dark Tiger's Eye PRODUCT ID MK53DB-DTE
- MK53HCSMRO Cherry Sunburst PRODUCT ID MK53DB-CSB
- Top: Flame Maple
- Body: Alder
- Binding: Natural Body Wood Stripe
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro (on Dark Tiger's Eye and Partial Eclipse) and Maple on Cherry Sunburst
- Fretboard Radius: 10.5"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Boutique Mod: Great 8 Mod - Master Volume (push/pull coil tap) - Master tone (push/pull coil tap) - 3 way blade switch
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® SWC w/ push-pull coil tap
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® SWC w/ push-pull coil tap
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: MK Die Cast
- Bridge Type: Traditional
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.