The Quad Mod gives you the traditional three-position tonal performance, while adding a valuable 4th pickup setting. This added tonal option turns on both neck and bridge pickups in series which is a thick and punchy tone much like a humbucker. However considering the two coils are located in completely different locations on the guitar the tone is as unique as it is useful and a welcome addition to the standard two single coil pickup configuration.
PICKUP SELECTOR SWITCH SETTING
Just the right amount of vintage magic makes the 1953 the choice for those that are seeking a more traditional instrument. The '53s all-Alder body is capped with flame maple and the pickup configuration is vintage traditional. Well at least that is how it appears. Actually we put an MK electronics mod on the 1953 that we call the Quad Mod. As the name implies you get 4 great sonic options instead of the expected 3 options. The 1953 has a 4 way switch and in that fourth switch position we give you both pickups in series. It is like having a nice fat humbucker as those two pickups work together. The 1953 also has some nice and hot single-coil Rockfield's designed especially for this instrument. Traditional has never been more evolved.
- MK53SBJMRO Blue Jean Wash PRODUCT ID MK1953BJW
- MK53SCBERO Caramel Burst PRODUCT ID MK1953CB
- Top: Flame Maple
- Body: Alder
- Binding: Alder
- Construction: Bolt On
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony, Blue Jean Wash available in Maple fingerboard version
- Fretboard Radius: 10.5"
- Number of Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Dots
- Headstock: 1950
- Scale Length 25.5 in / 647.7 mm
- Truss Rod Type Dual Action
- Neck Profile Modern C
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (.010-.046)
- Boutique Mod: Quad Mod (models made after April 2016)
- Electronics: master volume - master tone - 4-way blade switch (position #4 gives you Neck & Bridge in series for a unique added humbucker like tone)
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® TexPlus Single-Coil (Alnico V Magnet, 9.5k DC Resistance)
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® TexPlus Single-Coil (Alnico V Magnet, 10.5k DC Resistance)
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Die Cast
- Bridge Type: Traditional
- SPEC CHANGE: Prior to July 2017, most 1953 models came with Rosewood fretboards
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.